Thursday, July 12, 2012

Trusting

Traveling almost always without fail teaches you to trust - to trust technology, to trust strangers to help you, to trust God, to trust yourself. This morning, I woke up about two hours late due to an alarm clock failure with about 40 missed called and 4 text messages from Cathy Myers Wirt checking to see where I am and if I'm still coming! Ah! Not a good way to start your day... I got myself to the airport at 7:55 to meet Doug Wirt and plead to the woman at the desk to see if I could catch another flight to Quito. Her generous and helpful expertise allowed us to get another flight at no additional cost, other than a lowered flight change cost. Trust. Thank you! I am sitting at the terminal now at PDX waiting for my 11:00AM flight to Denver and then to Quito tomorrow morning. Please keep our group in your thoughts and prayers as I understand the group had a delay in PDX with little time to get though customs to make their Quito flight this afternoon. We'll get there.. Surely we will be there soon. 'Til then, blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment