Thursday, July 19, 2012

Work Day 4: "Flight" by Duane Hesketh of Portland First Christian Church


I have wanted to make this trip for four years.  This time I said I was going no matter what.  It has been more than I have expected.  People are great, food good (most of the time).  I’ve had great joy in grouting tile and painting.  I brought 100 balsa wood gliders, which we gave out to the children today.  I took one to try out yesterday with the kids – it was a big hit with them.  To my surprise, one of the day care teachers, Mercedes wanted to take a good look at it so I give it to her.  To my surprise, in about one hour, she had made one out of cardboard and painted it yellow.  It looked real good.  This is a mission trip everyone should take.




Blessings, 
Duane Hesketh
Portland First Christian Church

No comments:

Post a Comment